Thursday 27 October 2016

2016 - Co-op - Irresistible All Butter 6 Luxury Mince Pies

As I sit down to write this, I'd just read that Co-op Energy has just had to fork out £1.8m for customer service failings. Maybe they were busy investing in their mince pie recipe for this ye.... haha sorry I couldn't even finish writing that its so crazy - after all they're energy and food divisions likely to be separate legal entities, but I digress. With negative Co-op news circulating, lets see if their mince pie regains those lost energy customers as food customers.

Presentation - 4 / 10


The box is quite dark, no really noticeable Christmas pictures, just mince pies all over the place. However, I did not appreciate their new feature. If you look closely on the box, you will see, in between the mince pies, a sprinking of sugar everywhere. Well, Co-Op don't tell you that this presentation comes in the box. As soon as I opened the box, I was greeted with a shower of sugar all over my table. I collected as much as I could of what came out of the box to show you...



That is a lot of sugar. Co-op should really have better advertised their new serving suggestion.


As for the pies, they look slightly under baked, but appear to be nice large mince pies.




Nutritional Content & Price - 5 / 10

These are £2 a box, which are becoming the norm for a posh box of mince pies.

These have a whopping 10g of fat, 22g of sugar and 254 calories. These are on the high side, although I'm unsure if the sugar that fell out of the box is included in this.



Pastry - 17 / 35

What on earth is this. I could fit Donald Trump's (Drumpf's) massive ego through that gap, but i'll get to that in a moment. Pastry is quite bland and doesn't really crumble, but it is buttery and it is structurally pretty robust. Okay, enough about the pastry... to the filling..


Mincemeat - 19 / 35

Well, if there was enough of it, I'd be able to give you a decent review. I literally had to open up a second mince pie to get more mincemeat which, I might add, is a first for the Mince Pie Administration. After managing to scrape together a teaspoon full of the filling, it was not that bad. Plenty of fruit with orange and tangy lemon, with just a hint of brandy. However, I cannot judge this with the mincemeat of two mince pies and one pastry. As the individual mince pie seriously lacks any filling, the whole mince pie is dry with the pastry overpowering.

Overall Satisfaction - 2 / 10

Sorry Co-op, you've disappointed another customer. That seriously under-filled mince pie is inexcusable. I don't know whether this is just the box I have, but considering this is marketed as a luxury mince pie they, by default, have higher standards to meet.

  OVERALL SCORE - 47 / 100

See where this mince pie sit on our leader board here.

(Don't forget to share this review and follow us on twitter @TheMincePieBlog and on Facebook to ensure you don't miss out on new reviews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment